An export management company is an independent private organisation which acts like an export department for various non-competing suppliers and manufacturers.
Let Alliance experts be your export management company
Alliance experts can be your export management company to boost your sales in over 30 countries around the world. Our benefit is that we are already there, we have a network, know the culture and can manage your international distribution locally.
We can help you in three clear steps:
- Selecting the right country and doing market research
- Setting up your sales, by finding the right distributors or online channels
- Managing your distribution channels as your local representative or resident director for your subsidiary.
Step 1: Selecting the right country and doing market research
If you want to export, then you need to know what drives the sales of your products or services. With global trade data and some desk research you may already make a first country selection. But then you need to look deeper. In a market verification check that we do for our customers our local partners in the country always look at the following:
- The suitability of your product or service in their markets. Is your offering useful and does it fit the local culture, habits or trends?
- Publicly available data on market size, to get a first impression.
- Possible distribution channels.
- Potential competition and their price range.
With the information that we gathered we can have a discussion with you on the best market entry strategy for your company, also given your experiences in other countries.
Step 2: We find the right distributors for you
Based your strategy for your market entry, we draft a partnering profile, describing your company and the type of distribution partner that you are looking for. We also help you define the benefits for a potential partner of working with you. Why would he abandon one of his existing supplier and work with you? The answer to that question may require some research.
In parallel, we list a broad range of potential distributors. We discuss this long-list with you, to see what type of companies you want to focus on. Once we have the short-list of companies, we try to arrange meetings for you shortly after one another, so that you can come over and spend your time efficiently. We prepare these meetings with you, so that you can present yourself in the best possible way. In case online distribution is a better option, we can help you get on the right platforms, localise your content and get you started with the promotion.
Step 3: Your local country manager: part-time or interim
We help you develop the market as one of your own export managers would do. Only we are based in the region that you want us to manage, and we can even do it part-time. We help you to optimise your distribution:
- We do your local business development, looking for new revenue streams
- We manage a group of agents or distributors and help to optimise their sales
- We do trouble shooting and conflict management
- We do audits and product trainings on your request
- We arranging meetings for you or your staff and accompany you
In case you need to set up a subsidiary, we can also be your local company director. What we can do:
- Establishing and managing a legal entity
- Representing you in contacts with the government and local authorities
- Actively searching for local partners and concluding agreements
- Supervising local delivery of goods or services
- Distributor/supplier management
Our team composition for your international expansion
For every project we compose a team for you consisting of three of our partners:
- One partner in or near your base country, to liaise with you and act as your first point of contact and strategic advisor.
- One partner in or near each country that you want to target, who will execute your project. As soon as you make your first visit, he or she will be there to accompany you.
- One partner with the right knowledge of your industry, to act as consulting partner for the others and to ensure the success and continuity of your project.
Flexibility is key!
You can hire our people just for one day per month, one day per week, or temporarily full time when needed. As we know the culture and the people, and we are already there, we can be much more effective than somebody traveling from abroad. Are people are experienced business development managers, who can get started quickly.