The Dutch government supports you with your export plan
The Dutch government has a number of subsidy arrangements for exporting companies. Most of them are awarded in rounds, and you have to submit extensive plans, but the Starters International Business arrangement is relatively easy to apply for.
The Starters International Business (SIB) coaching voucher entitles you on support from an export advisor for the worth of € 2,400. Mostly this is done in 4 coaching sessions, including preparations and sometimes some research.
Alliance experts is accredited to provide the SIB coaching
Alliance experts is one of the parties accredited by RvO to do the coaching. We currently work with two advisors in the Netherlands, Alfred Griffioen, based in Utrecht, and Judith de Leede, based in Den Bosch. Alfred is more into financial issues and technical industries, Judith has a focus on retail and industries like fashion and cosmetics. We have no problem doing the coaching sessions and reporting in English with you.
Since Alliance experts is a network of export advisors in over 30 countries, both can tap onto the knowlegde of their colleagues and involve them in the coaching sessions. This way you will get your information first hand. It also means that we are not biased and try to get you to the country where we have experience. We can offer you a broad choice.
Advisory sessions and market reseach
The goal of the arrangement is to help you with your export plans. In order to do so, we will do four sessions of approximately two hours with you, in which we will focus on the following:
- What is the background of your company and how does international business fit in this?
- What is your strongest product or service, what is your target group and can do you have a distinguishing value proposition for abroad?
- Which countries are the most feasible to export to? Will you work with partners or do you want to set up your own sales, online or offline?
- What are the steps to realise your international ambitions and what does this mean in terms of investments and revenue?
Apart from this we search with you for concrete market data. Here we can use our worldwide network, for example to get a first impression of the chances of your product in a specific country, or to have a closer look at your competition. If your plans are already more concrete than this is mostly more useful than just coaching meetings.
We do all the (Dutch) paperwork for you
You only have to fill out one simple application form, that authorises us to apply for the voucher on your behalf. This application form also arranges two other things:
- You will have to pay 21% VAT over our services, so on a total of € 2400 this will be € 504. The voucher covers only for € 2400, so you will have to pay the € 504 to us. No worries, if you have a VAT (BTW) registration, you can deduct this amount from the VAT that you have to pay.
- In case for any reason you don't finish the coaching trajectory, or the voucher expires, or there is any other reason why RvO won't pay out the subsidy, you will still have to pay us for the sessions so far.
If we haven't spoken to each other, we will also contact you to discuss your internationalisation ambitions so that we can put that in the application. After submitting it, RvO will send a receipt directly to you, and soon thereafter the voucher.
We may plan the first session with you before you have the voucher. In case you have provided all the right info, but the voucher is denied, we will not charge you for this first session.
During the fourth session we will ask you to sign a completion form. With this form we can invoice our fees to RvO, and we will then send you an invoice only for the VAT.
Questions? Do not hesitate to contact us!
We will be happy to explain all this in detail.