Germany: the leading market in Europe
Germany has around 80 million inhabitants and is the largest economy in Europe. Germans have an eye for quality and have in general good spending power. The market has good opportunities for exports but requires a dedicated approach.
How to find good dealers or franchisees in Germany?
First of all you need to have a good business concept, that is clear, appealing and above all: proven. But then you have to translate it to the local situation, because spending power and buying habits in this country may be different. We can help you with a first Market Quick Scan and help you translate your concept to the local situation. Then you can start searching for the right dealer or franchisee to roll it out.
We have a clear and structured approach to find the best partner
We first want to the characteristics of the dealer or franchisee that you are looking for. Based on your information, we make a long-list of 15-20 potential partners that fit your description. After your approval we find the right decision maker, approach him or her personally and share your business profile with them. This mostly leads to 3-5 companies who are suitable as your partner and interested in working with you. Once we have found these companies, we plan your meetings and accompany you during the first visits.
Suggestions for further reading
- International business in Germany: how to sell to the Germans?
- Best tips on export to Germany (and what does Germany import?)
- Things you should know about contract law in Germany
- Difference between an agent, distributor and a franchise
- Your international sales agent: what margin or percentage to pay as fee?
- International distribution strategy: managing your foreign distribution channels
- Typical costs for international transport and global distribution