Malaysia, a strongly developing market in Southeast Asia
Malaysia’s import market amounts to approximately 73% of its GDP and the level of imports into the country have shown a healthy trend over several years.
Why setup business in Malaysia?
- Malaysia is an ideal location for regional headquarters. Located in the centre of South East Asia, Malaysia is in close proximity to many leading Asian markets such as Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, China, and India.
- Malaysia is a natural choice for Shared Services Centre in view of its low costs, particularly for infrastructure, conducive business environment, and high levels of global integration. BASF, AXA, Roche have Shared Services Centre for the region in Malaysia
- Labour costs in Malaysia are relatively low while productivity levels remain high in comparison with industrialised countries. Basic literacy among the labour workforce is high, and the workforce is youthful and trainable and the environment is generally strike-free.
- English is Malaysia’s second language, and is spoken by 70% of the population. Foreign investors interested in Malaysia will easily be able to communicate with local employees, customers and suppliers. Business documents are mostly available in English.
- Substantially lower start-up costs compared to Singapore. Malaysia’s monthly office rental per m2 (US $17) and wage rate (US $2,310) versus Singapore’s (US $68 and US $3,245).
- A resident firm benefits from country’s 68 double taxation treaties which minimize withholding tax on fund transfers abroad.
- There is no withholding tax levied on dividends made abroad by Malaysia businesses;
- Malaysia businesses face no restrictions on repatriation of capital, profits, dividends and royalties.
- A resident business profits from the free trade agreements signed between Malaysia and 6 other ASEAN countries.
- Malaysian businesses enjoy duty free trade through free ports in Pasir Gudang, Port Klang, Kulim Hi-Tech Park, Port of Tanjung Pelepas and Bayan Lepas.
Alliance experts can find your business partners within 6 to 8 weeks
Alliance experts helps companies with entering new markets profitably. We work from Singapore, from which the capital Kuala Lumpur is easy to reach.
We have a clear and structured approach to find the best partner
We first want to know what kind of partner you are looking for. Based on your information, we make a long-list of 15-20 potential partners that fit your description. After your approval we find the right decision maker, approach him or her personally and share your business profile with them. This mostly leads to 3-5 companies who are suitable as your partner and interested in working with you. Once we have found these companies, we plan your meetings and accompany you during the first visits.