International sourcing requires knowledge and good contacts in serveral markets. Alliance experts has commercial specialists in over 30 countries around the world, including (Eastern) Europe, the Middle East and Asia. They know their market and can bring you the right suppliers or service providers.
It all starts with your requirements
Our main concern is that you get the products or services that you need, against proper conditions and with reputable parties. Therefore we first start with defining the type of manufacturer or service provider that you are looking for. We also make an estimate with you of the purchasing volume and duration of the sourcing contract. We check what you want to know about the offerings to base your decision on.
If you already have a country in mind where you want to source, then we will start there. If not, we will look together with you based on wage levels, trading data and proximity what would be the best country to start with. For many USA or European companies sourcing in Asia is not the best option any more, due to high container costs and long shipping times. We also have a great network of suppliers in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
We use our network to find the right vendors
Once we have your requirements clear, we will send them to our colleagues in the focus countries. They will start with:
- checking their network,
- approaching companies,
- see whether these are interested to provide more information or to make a bid.
We make appointments with the short-listed companies for you. We join you in the video conference calls to the short-listed companies, and help you during the meetings. This way we try to optimize the communication between you and the vendors.
You pay us based on results
If you want us to do a market scan or pricing comparison, we will set a fixed fee for this, depending on the product and the country. You will get a clear report with all the contact details of the parties we spoke with and their initial responses. If you want you can take it from there.
If our services continue and you want us to support you in the vendor communications and in negotiations, you will pay a percentage of the purchasing volume to us, based on the type of product and the project value. This way our fees are in relation with your purchasing volume.
We make sure you get the right product delivered
After you find your business partner in the sourcing country, Alliance experts can act as a local extension of your team, working part-time for your company, and keeping in close contact with you. We can represent you, take care of proper communication, monitor your business partners on the ground and do troubleshooting. We can support you in:
- vendor (re)negotiations,
- local checks and
- resolving shipping and customs clearance issues.
Whenever you come over for building out the relationship, discussing new requirements or looking for alternative vendors, we will join you to optimize your visits.
Some of our sourcing reference cases:
- Sourcing in Turkey and eastern Europe for a Korean automotive company - Alliance experts brought together the suppliers that the Korean automotive company will work with for the newly established assembly facility in Romania. This article was written according to the impression obtained from the process of finding suitable suppliers in the automotive supplier industry in 2018. Assembly plant established in Romania Kamtec is one of the […]
- The popularity of superfood from Brazil in Europe - What (super)food products can Brazilian companies offer Europe? Of course there are exotic fruits like pineapple, banana, coconut and watermelon, and well-known commodities like soya, sugar and meat that come from Brazil, but the trend towards superfoods also comes from Brazil! Brazil produces a lot of food Brazil is the largest country in South America […]
- Quantity checks and sampling in China for an innovative raincoat brand - Maium is an innovative fashion brand with raincoats as their launching product. It is a Dutch brand, combining two characteristic aspects of the Netherlands, the rainy weather and the large number of bicycles. In the sides of the raincoat there is a zipper, which makes it possible to put the front part over the handlebars […]
- Shipping support and Phyto sanitary inspections for coffee bean import - Ascia is a Dutch trading company that frequently buys various stocks of coffee beans from different parts around the world. After having bougth a batch of coffee in Japan, the company turned to Alliance experts for support in getting the coffee shipped from Japan to the Netherlands. Alliance experts arrange the complete exportation process on […]