Out of the population of 16.8 million people, 90.5% stay in the city. On average, Dutch people earn $27,888 per year, higher than OECD’s average ($25,908). The income distribution is pretty even, although it is notable that people in the western part are more well-to-do. Furthermore, senior citizens are also wealthier thanks to accumulating their assets throughout their life. 74% of people from 15 to 64 are employed. This is better than the OECD’s average of 65%.
What do we know about Dutch customers?
Despite the Covid-19 restrictions, most economic activity in the Netherlands has continued. But consumers are more price-conscious, and prioritise value and quality. The development mobile technology also opens doors to new mobile, on-demand trends, and contributes to the changing landscape of consumer behavior. If you want to enter this market, a thorough market research will give you an understanding of the place.
What do people import in the Netherlands?
- Dutch business and people mainly import crude petroleum, refined petroleum, computers and packaged medicaments.
- They usually import from Germany, Belgium-Luxembourg, Russia, China and the USA.
What are the major ports of the Netherlands?
The major entrance to the Netherlands are:
Major ports of the Netherlands are as follow:
- Port of Rotterdam
- Port of Amsterdam
- Zeeland Seaports
- Groningen Seaport
Major airports of the Netherlands are:
What are the customs and tariffs regulations in the Netherlands?
- For EU members, the Common Customs Tariff is applied.
- If you are importing from a non-EU country, you will have to pay import duties.
- The standard VAT rate is 21%.
- Goods will go through thorough checks to ensure that they meet health, safety, economic and environmental requirements.
- Unsafe goods are prohibited.
What is the distribution structure in the Netherlands?
With developed ports and excellent logistics services, the Netherlands has one of the best logistics performance. It is considered a logistics hub, hosting plenty distribution centers. Multilingual and professional employees also add to the benefits of Dutch distribution system.
Knowledge of the customer base, major gateways, legal matters as well as the distribution structure will be beneficial to your expansion. Having a local partner will help you navigate around the Dutch market and ensure optimal results specially with the help of the country’s top distributor.