Whether you want to start or increase your export, to source internationally, or to invest, you need to select the right market first.
If you want to export, then you need to know what drives the sales of your products or services. For trainings on cybersecurity, you may have to look at the countries with the biggest IT industry. For hearing aids, the countries with the most ageing population are relevant. If you want to source products, you can look at wage levels and customs data to find out where you get the best deal.
You can download our Country selection guide, with a list of 64 countries that are recommended to do business in for mid-sized and smaller companies, or order our World Trade Analytics report for your specific product.
Market Quick Scan
If you want to know your chances in a number of countries, without doing extensive market research, we can do a market quick scan for you. With our market quick scan you don’t need to travel to get a good first impression. Our local partners in as many countries as you like will dive into your product or service and report on the following:
- The suitability of your product or service in their markets. Is your offering useful and does it fit the local culture, habits or trends?
- Publicly available data on market size, to get a first impression.
- Possible distribution channels.
- Potential competition and their price range.
- General recommendations for this market.
This results in a one-page document per country (see examples). If you have any specific questions or points of attention, we will try to answer them as good as possible.
The prices for our market quick scan differ per country:
|USA, Canada, Western Europe, Singapore, Australia, NZ, Japan||€ 600|
|Eastern Europe, Turkey, Middle East, Latin America, Kenya, Ghana, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Egypt||€ 500|
|Vietnam, Tunisia, India||€ 400|
For other countries please contact one of our consultants. The quick scan will mostly be delivered within 2 weeks.
If you want to know for one or more countries the relevent regulations and what certifications are needed in order to sell your product, then use our “Regulatory Scan”. This brings you essential information to ensure that you put your efforts in the right markets.
With our Regulatory Scan you don’t need to dive yourself in the legal bureaucratic procedures in the local language of the target country. Instead, our local partners in as many countries as you like will scan the local regulations and report on the following:
- Are the licenses, permits, certifications and tests from your own country accepted in the target country? Or do you need to do them again in the target country?
- Wat are general regulations, laws and restrictions on labelling and user instruction?
- Should the involved documents be translated into the local language(s)?
- In what product category is your product seen? Is that a choice? How does this effect the regulations and market potentials?
- Recommendations on how to proceed with the regulations in this country. E.g. do you need a law firm, customs broker, local distributor or start your own legal entity?
This results in a document per country of few pages long. If you have any specific questions or points of attention, we will try to answer them as good as possible.