Working with local sales partners can bring much more revenue than direct sales, but how to set up a distribution network in a foreign country?
Alliance experts is specialised in finding the right agent or distributor
Alliance experts is specialised in selecting the right agent or distributor for your exports. We are based in the USA, Brazil, Colombia, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Turkey, the Middle East, Iran, Kenya, Ghana or other countries in Africa, India, China, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Australia.
Five clear steps to set up sales through a local partner
We have a clear five step approach to help you select the right partner, after you have done your market research for the selected country.
Step 1. First we sit down together to draft a partnering profile in which we make clear what kind of partner would bring you the most success and what you have to offer.
Step 2. Our colleague in your target country will then compose a list of 15 to 20 possible partners, and approach them to see whether they are keen in working with you. This will mostly result in a short list of 3 to 5 companies.
Step 3. We will help you plan your trip so that you can come over and visit these 3 to 5 companies in a short timespan. Thus we help save you travel time and costs. We will accompany you on the first meeting and help you select one partner to start negotiations with.
Step 4. We will be involved to smoothen the negotiation process.
Step 5. After the negotiations we will follow up with the partner until your product or services are sold in the market.
Working with us will save you time and disappointments
Finding an agent or distributor takes time, many calls and multiple visits. Let us help you speed up this process and pre-select local partners for you in four to eight weeks. With our local knowledge and network we can work cost effective, see our pricing structure and examples.
We thoroughly check the companies that we propose as your agent or distributor. You will eventually save on your time and travel costs, marketing costs and legal fees.
Is your company ready to be represented abroad?
Please note that in order to do an effective partner search for you, preparations are needed:
- Your company has a website in English, and preferably the language of the target country.
- Presentation materials, product descriptions etc. are available in English, and preferably the language of the target country.
- You have a draft in English for the distribution or agency agreement, and you have a good idea of what would be realistic fees and percentages.
- Delivery conditions and international logistics are clear and described.
- There is an outline for a marketing plan, specifying the proposed way of promoting the products or services in the target country, what materials will be provided by your company, and how costs should be split between you and the distributor. Please note that if you want to have your product in supermarkets or other retail chains, mostly you will have to pay a listing fee or slotting fee.
- Once we have found three to five suitable distributors or agents, you can come over within a few weeks to have the meetings that we arrange for you.
The better you are prepared and the more attractive you make it to work with your company, the more choice you will have for an agent or distributor. The most wanted distributors or agents will be selective who to work with and will ask you about your marketing plans, branding efforts and your sales support.